Best Skincare and Short Brief on My Skincare Routine in 2014

Hello everyone.... this is going to be a long, long post. So, get yourself a cup of tea or any beverages, sit down and enjoy.
2014 has coming to an end and throughout the year I've tested quite a number of skincare from drugstore to high end (max. price RM300). Even until today, I still don't think there's a need for me to splurge such amount of money on a single piece of skincare. Not saying that I'm not going to, but at this moment, I don't feel like I need it. But I do splurge when it comes to sale, value sizes and bonus point. Oh, before I started please be informed that I've sensitive skin, oily in the T zone, dryer on U-zone, more leaning towards oily and combination skin type. So, in case you have similar skin type like mine, items I mentioned might suits you but we all know what suits me doesn't or 100% fits well to everyone.

( some items mentioned aren't in the photo)

Cleansing Oil 
Shu Uemura Anti Oxi cleansing oil. I just really like the thick texture. It just melt down all dirt and gunk on my face. I also noticed it helps to unclog my pores. 

Cleansing Lotion 
Simple cleansing lotion works just fine for me. Is light yet effective and most important it doesn't irritate my skin. However, do note that this only for very light makeup such as tinted moisturizer or sunscreen.

Cleansing Water 
Avene Micellar Lotion Makeup Remover. This is just perfect for the lazy me. Sometimes I just feel too tired to go trough all the cleansing steps before heading to bed. This cleansing water able to remove the stubborn lip stain from my lip balm without giving trouble rubbing my lips multiple times. It feels very soothing and comfortable too. Not drying or irritating at all. 

Face Cleanser
(i) Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser. This is wonderful, it lathers up nicely after mixing with some water. I like how thorough it cleanse my skin without stripping away the skin natural oil. My skin feels clean but not dry. It works well with my Clarisonic Mia too.

(ii) Philosophy Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 Cleanser. This one feels more like a runny gel, I like the earthy scent (if that make sense) 'cause I smell sandalwood scent in it. Very gentle yet effective. When my skin is dry with patches, this cleanser literally keep everything under control. 
(iii)Cellnique Seaweed Cleansing Gel. This is very cooling and refreshing. I like to use it in the morning/ after workout/ hot weather. As much as the cooling scent wow me, I need to mention this product is slightly drying for my skin, especially on my dryer part such as cheek and chin. Anyway, I still really like it, just top up a little bit more hydrating stuff later on will do.

Toner
(i)Cellnique Soothing & Hydration Lotion. I've been using it for 2years, it just works really nice in soothes my sensitive skin. It smells like ginger water but with a cooling sensation. After cleansing, spritz it on face, pat, pat, pat and I'm done. It can be used as a quick pick me up face mask as well. Just soak in the cotton pat and leave onto face for 5mins and done. Light and non sticky. I will say this works more like a soothing toner rather than a hydrating toner.
(ii) Kiehl's Calendula Toner. A real flower in your toner. What?! but I just love it. Very gentle and hydrating. Basically it soothes my sensitive skin and red patches which sometimes can be very irritating and itchy. I will soak my cotton pad with it and wipe all over my face, turn the other side and start patting. 

Essence/ Serum
(i) Kiehl's Corrective Dark Spot Solution. This is amazing, it just makes my acne scars/marks getting less and less visible. It smells amazing too. However, I'm not sure if it really works on my pigmentation. So far so good on targeting my acne marks.
(ii) Olay White Radiance Brightening Intensive Serum. I've received so many compliments from friends and beautician on my skin tone after using this. It brightens up my complexion and also lightens up the whole complexion. It is light and non sticky, so no issue with balling up after apply moisturizer. This is more like a lightening and brightening serum.

Moisturizer
(i) Simple Oil Balancing Moisturizer. I just can't stop repurchase it over again. It works very well for me, giving me a matte finish. As a daily day time moisturizer I think it works quite well and very budget friendly.
(ii) Biotherm Pure-fect Skin. I just use it for few months, it works effectively in controlling excess sebum and acne breakout. I don't use it every day because I find it slightly drying on several spots on my face. However, as a acne suppressor I think it works well. 

Cream
Kiehl's Ultra Facial cream. Thick but not too oily. Heals most of my dry patches without breakout. A good night cream for my skin in air-cond room.

Massage cream
Kose Infinity Refining Massage cream. I've never buy massage cream till I have it out I'm amazed by the outcome. So basically I use it once a week or 2 weeks after deep cleansing with peeled of mask. Scoop out a generous amount of cream, massage all over the face, it feels thick at first, as I slowly massage the cream actually breaks down into a oil that glides smoothly on face. The scent is very lovely too. Then tissue or wash off, my skin feels instantly hydrates and plump. 

Facial Oil
Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. Smells like lavender, very soothing. A little goes a long way. I think it makes my skin glow.

Eye cream
Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Eye Concentrate. A little goes a long way, I expect it to be very heavy, but it turned out to be light and blendable. I like the texture and it absorbs very nicely around my eye area. I don't think it helps in dark circles but keeping further wrinkles around the eyes. The only matter me the most is the scent, a lil bit strong old lady scent.

Masks
(i)Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask. I bought this few month ago, the texture is very thick and jelly. I see significant soothing and hydrating effects after use. Sometimes I apply a thicker layer on the top of all my skincare and leave it overnight. My skin feels plump and soft.
(ii) Laneige Water Sleeping Pack. A cerulean jelly mask, perfect for a lazy night. Is fast, simple and easy. 

Sheet Mask
(i) Naruko. Naruko always come up with great quality sheet mask. I do find them works very well on my skin. I have a range of Naruko masks and even though they might be targeting for different skin concern, I find them very hydrating and non sticky. Well, it absorbs very well and thoroughly into my skin. Each type makes my skin feel great, plump and brightens.
(ii) My Beauty Diary -Apple Polyphenol. Among all the ranges it has, this Apple Polyphenol works the best for me. It shrinks my pores, keeping it tight, non oily yet non drying. 1box=10pieces. Just love them so much. 



My skincare routine was short to pieces. Although I might be switching from products to products, I still using the same skincare steps.  I think keeping to the basic is just nice but adding some extra time and effort make a huge difference.

1. I cleanse my face with cleansing oil most of the time. But I do switch to cleansing lotion or water whenever I only have sunscreen or in lazy mood.
2. Always use Clarisonic Mia to clean my face during the night time.
3. Apply toner using cotton pad, it still can lift up some dirt that are not been remove. And cotton pad will ensure the toner being disperse better all over the face and pores

4. Layer with serum, sometimes I use more than 1 just really depends what my skin needs actually.
5. Focusing on hydration, even oily skin needs hydration and moisturizer. Dryer skin condition need thicker cream/ gel cream/ facial treatment oil.
6. I use sheet mask/ gel mask every other day or 3 times a week. Just in case my skin is terribly dry, I will use a sleeping mask every single night .
7. Apply sunscreen after all the basic skincare.

** additional - use a gentle face scrub 3-4 times a week, I think it makes my skin looks clearer and products absorb better. Massage the entire face at least once a week, it makes my skin so smooth, soft, supple and bouncier. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be very happy if you leave your footprints here. Thanks