Recipe: Simple Baked Salmon with Lemon and Rosemary

Wanting a simple meal with loves one during busy day at home can be difficult when everyone seems to be so busy with their works, activities and own social life.

Here I'm going to share a recipe which I've improvised a little bit here and there to suit my need. For a newbie like me, I've never cook a salmon at all, but I find this recipe is so easy and hassle free.

Ingredients:
-grated black pepper (quantity -personal preferrences)
-grated salt (1.5 tsp)
-2-3 cloves of chopped garlic
-fresh rosemary
-few dust of dried parsley
-2 salmons fillet
-1.5 medium size lemon
-olive oil
(note: recipes for 2 pax)




How to:
1. Wash the fillets with running water till it is clean
2. Dry on a paper towel, rub on some sea salt on both side and leave aside
3. Using a pyrex plate, places some lemon slices and whole rosemary (with the stems) on the bottom.
4. Grate some black pepper and place the fillet on top. Drizzle some olive oil (note: no need too much, a little will do). Salmon is rich with omega3, good for hearth and improves cholesterol. Olive oil is added on to improves the whole texture making it smoother and more tender.
5. Place some lemon slices on top of the fillets with some rosemary leaves. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice and some lemon rind.
6. Preheat the oven for 10mins at (400degrees/ 200-210 Celcius) every oven is different.
Wrap with an aluminum foil and place it into the oven, bake for 15-20mins. I prefer using a clear pyrex plate because you can see clearly what is going on with the fish (good for newbie like me)
7. Once it is cooked, serves alone or with some other side dishes.




I am baking some easy chad potatoes.
1. Boil potatoes till soft.
2. Dried on paper towel, cut into 4pieces for each potatoes
3. Drizzle some olive oil, grate some black pepper and add some rosemary, baked for 15mins. If you prefer a crispy outer layer baked for longer period.


Cooking is fun, don't worry if you made mistake, just learn from it and move on. I'm not the best cook, but I enjoy the cooking process a lot, is very enjoyable and satiety.

Enjoy and have fun trying!
Good luck !



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be very happy if you leave your footprints here. Thanks