Review: Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

Almost pass the 1st quarter of the year, you can notice many cosmetic companies started to launching their new/ improved versions of whitening, brightening skincare into the market, I believe everyone went a lil bit crazy with it, so do I.

Since I'm living in a hot and warm climate country where we have sunshine throughout the day whitening/brightening skincare does come into one of my skincare priority. The reason simply because I want to prevent and get rid of sun spots, freckles, hyper pigmentation, uneven skin tone etc.




Clearly Corrective™ DARK SPOT SOLUTION is a fast-acting serum that evens skin tone and diminishes dark spots to impart overall radiance and luminosity to the skin:

• In as little as 2 weeks, 55% of women clinically demonstrated a significant reduction in dark spot intensity.
• In 4 weeks, 69% of women clinically demonstrated a continued reduction in dark spots intensity and 73% of women showed a significant reduction in acne scarring.  Reduction in other skin discolorations was clinically evident among 69% of women.
• In 8 weeks, 87% of women clinically demonstrated more uniform skin tone to deliver breakthrough clarity.
• With continued daily usage, Clearly Corrective helps to prevent the formation of future dark spots and other skin discolorations.



(the description and products details obtained from Kiehl's website)


What I've noticed and experienced with the product after 1 month usage?

Before that, one very potent ingredient is Vitamin C which helps to lighten up the skin tone. I am and still a little bit confused why the content didn't packed into an amber bottle, plus Vitamin C oxidize pretty fast after contacted with oxygen in the air. Previously, I tried out Cellnique Derma Brightening Complex and the whole thing turn into yellow and darker yellow throughout the way finishing it because it contains Vitamin C.
I read from the internet, Kiehl's is smart enough to use a different chemical arrangement Vitamin C, which makes it more stable and only activated after contacted with skin, smart! Anyway, I do hope the content will comes with an amber bottle, protect it from sunlight, make it more stable and long lasting.

Now, lets jump into my review. The product does has a very unique scent, I'm not really sure what it is but the scent is very similar like lavender, very soothing. It dispenses easily and the texture is water-based serum but not too watery. I only use this during the night time together or layering with other serum. Reason I use it at night because I'm worried it will cause skin irritation if exposed under the sun. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have any irritation at all when using it. So, it is mild for sensitive skin but still very effective in delivering the corrective dark spot tittle.

The product absorbs easily without feeling sticky at all and best thing about it, it hydrates my skin too! I'm not too sure if it lightens or vanquish my sun spots, but I'm very sure it has reduced my acne scare whether is old or new ones... yay! Other than that, it does helps to brighten up my overall skin complexion. I think, I just need to be more patient and use it more diligently for a longer period to see if it kills my sun spots. 

Some people told me it should only use on targeted area, but I didn't, I use it all over my face. I think serum should be used all over and target treatment such as sun spot cream/gel should only be placed on top of the affected area. Do correct me if I'm wrong with this.

I certainly can see I'll be repurchased this when it almost hit pans. It is wonderful and my skin just looks better, brighter and glow after using it. By the way, normal volume is 30ml, I just spotted from Kiehl's website, they are releasing 50ml jumbo size, I'm eyeing on that! 

Overall, this is really good, I don't consider this product is cheap, but still at an affordable one to try out in the market. Plus, Kiehl's is really generous with giving samples, try it and if you like it, you can always purchase after trying the samples. Most of the time, I will try their samples 1st before purchasing unless, I've read really good and persuading reviews, then I might consider to buy the full size before trying it.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! Always want to try this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! Always want to try this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the review, I've been wanting to try this but still reads lots of review and I think I will try since this product don't give you irritation (my face also irritates easily). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I would be very happy if you leave your footprints here. Thanks