Jumping Into Healthy Eating Bandwagon

Greetings to everyone. I've been MIA for a quite awhile since my last update, as usual, I'm busy with work and other personal stuff. Although I have pretty hectic work schedule, I am happy to say eating healthily makes me feel so, so great.

I workout (weight training) as usual and incorporates with some dance, pilates, zumba once a week, it might sound crazy for someone but I'm freaking enjoyed it. I read some blogs whenever I'm free and the healthy eating trend sort of suck me in. I don't think eating healthy is hard, you just need some interests and passions. Eat healthy fats, proteins and reduced refined sugar makes me feel lighter and happier.

What I've noticed after eating in a healthier ways?
- better complexion
- less GI problems (bloating, indigestion, gastric)
- more energy
- happier

My amazon.com order just arrived few days ago, I thought to share with you all what I've ordered. A lot of Youtubes owned these books, and there's some good feed back from the reader. After discuss with my hubby, I decided to give it a try, whatever it is, I just love cook books especially these health related recipes, they seriously have a place in my heart.


I'm not going to do any reviews about the books yet since I'm just started to read it and glance through some of the recipes, same goes to the spiralizer. My purpose for this post is to share what I've been into lately and share my first impression about the books and spiralizer. Just let me know if you need me to do an in depth review.

1. Get The Glow by Madeline Shaw - I like the intro a lot, it gives me a clearer idea of eating healthy without cutting of every thing. Plus, she is a nutritionist so I'm pretty sure you turn into unhealthy zombie after try out the recipes and cut of some unnecessary foods. Is very friendly for those who just going to start on a healthy eating journey, nothing is too crazy. I love the hard cover and photos too, very well presented to the readers.

2. Deliciously Ella by Ella Woodward - I enjoy reading the intro too, a lot of information about the foods and ingredients, the explanation is clear and easy to understand. Sometimes when I go through some recipes, I have difficulties in understanding the name of ingredients and making the whole cooking process harder. I think is a good book for people who are on special diets such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free. The photos are so pretty, is just nice. I don't have to be a great cook to try out the recipes which is so great.

3. Spiralizer - There are tons of brands/ model in the market, I'm just a beginner so I don't want to go over crazy with the new toy. I ordered the Paderno spiralizer exchange rate and etc. It costs me around RM180++ which is crazy and expensive. I tried making zucchini pasta and baked potatoes (curly fries), quite easy to use. The only complain is the whole thing is made of plastic, so it feels quite flimsy. I got the basic type which comes with 3 blades (thin noodles, thick noodles and ribbons). I would advice to get the basic one because from price aspect is cheaper and I don't think you will able/going to use all the blades. All in all, if you are into the healthy eating bandwagon/ vegetarian it is something worth to invest.

Here's are some of my dinner meals which I have every evening in office. Just chop and cut, simple and they are all ready to eat. I eat lots of leafy veges, they tastes so good, sometimes I will have an egg, quinoa, tuna chunks and whole meal bread.





Hope you guys enjoy my non beauty related post.
Have a nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be very happy if you leave your footprints here. Thanks