Favourites of The Month: June 2015


Wow, can't believe June is almost end and I'm ready for July. I don't do monthly favourites that often because my products are almost the same unless I switched some of my makeup and trying new skincare products.

I keep my makeup very easy and simple as I prefer putting on neutral eyeshadows and put on some glow onto my face. Whereas for skincare, I'm in the process finishing up my backups before things expired and going back and forth with my oldies which I've developed some good relationship.

Start with skincare, body care and makeup:

Kose Sekkisei Emulsion
I used this years before but never really like it because it was too thick for my skin, somehow, I think the product got reformulated/ my skin change (not sure), I like it this time. It was my freebies from my Kose haul awhile back. I use this after toner, pump 1-2pumps and massage into my skin. It sinks into the skin quickly without feeling sticky. After some consistent use, I noticed it brightens up my complexion too.

Cellnique Soothing & Hydrating Lotion
Aww, this one, my all time favourites and what can I say, more hubby loves this too. It is probably the best face mist I've ever come across. Sometimes, I use this to soak my cotton pads and let it sits on my skin for 5-10mins, so refreshing and it makes extraction less miserable. (Not advise to extract our own, we aren't professional who know it might leave ugly scars?)

Cellnique Total Day Time Protection SPF 30
I go through tubes of this, it has a pink tint, which brightens the complexion and make my skin looks better and more awake. There's a LE for mother's day too, which comes with Marula Oil and act similar like CC cream....I bought 1 for my mom during Mother's Day, she likes it a lot. In case you are like me, just dust some loose powder for a matte look. It is good on its own too, I don't find it too oily, but add a hint of glow and dew to my face. Love it!

Alqvimia Anti-Stress Body Oil
This is the sample size, I have a bigger bottle with Lavender oil. This stuff is amazing. I'm someone who enjoy pamper myself with good things, seriously, I safe money and then I splurge. Previously I signed up body treatment mainly for massage because I always encounter soreness on my back, neck and with my extreme workout I really need some massage to ease my muscle tense. The oil smells nice and really relaxing. It pours out thickly but it absorbs completely when combines with massage. The skin feels so soft and I have a nice nap/ sleep. 

Maybelline Master Conceal # 20light
affordable concealer, almost medium to high coverage. It blends really well just beware not overly done as it will look slightly cakey on the skin.

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer # Pore Minimizing
Great primer for hot weather, it keeps my skin matte and fresh, my makeup last longer too.
It feels so smooth after use, I have quite large pores, I don't think it will hide them but it doesn't makes a difference to my makeup look.

Maybelline Volume Express Cat Eye Mascara #LE Hello Kitty print
I bought this long time ago but never use it, when I did my spring cleaning I noticed I still have a backup for this. The mascara wand is like comb that you brush onto lashes, leaving them long and more define. The Hello Kitty print is just something to die for. haha. It doesn't smudge even I use it for almost 9hours and easy to remove.

Ambient Lightening Blush Palettes #Luminious Flush, #Incandescent Electra, #Mood Exposure
I was not a blush person but after I met the ambient lightening blushes, OMG, it is something I must have everyday, even without eye makeup I will still make sure I apply blush, how crazy! Honestly, it is very hard to order from Sephora website because for oversea order, they tend to cancel for some really weird reasons. I like LF and IC which gives the nice glow and hint of color to my cheeks. It creates a soft focus look and you skin just looks better, healthier and you just look a lot better and good with the blushes. ME is more like a muted, rusty color but still pull off really nicely and settle. Sometimes I use it as an all over eyeshadow too.

Too Face Natural Eyes
The previous packaging comes with paper box but this newly released comes with a tin box, which is so much better and easy to carry around. The colors ranges from matte to slightly glittery and from day to time which is so versatile. The eyeshadow is buttery smooth and good pigmentation.

Well, that's all for my monthly favourites.  Hope you all enjoy reading it. Please share you monthly favourites in the comments too, I'm very happy to know them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be very happy if you leave your footprints here. Thanks