Note: this recipe was inspired by Get The Glow by Madeleine Shaw.
Salmon is rich with omega-3 fatty acids which is good for our brain, heart and lowering bad cholesterol, moreover, it is a good source of white meat protein which is great for our muscle development.
- 2tbsp of fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3 stalks of fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Fresg ground black pepper ( put as much/ as little as you like)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
Marinate: Mix the lemon juice, salt, rosemary (thinly chop), olive oil and black pepper in a steep plate, place in the salmon fillet marinate for 5mins or you can start to marinate 2hours before start cooking.
1, Firstly, heat the frying pan, if you want it to be easy, use a good non stick frying pan. Once the pan start heating, place in the unsalted butter and heat for about 1min over high heat.
2, Place the salmon and fry for 2-3mins starting with the skin side facing down. For my case, I want to make sure the skin is crispy and the fish is thoroughly cooked. You also will notice the the texture of fish started to change once it is almost done.
3. Turn to the other side, this time, I will turn of the heat, and turn to the edges until all sides are almost golden brown.
4. Place the fillet onto a plate and decorate with some fresh vegetables.
Viola! You can prepare some condiments and sauce or quinoa for some extra crunch and taste. For me, since I'm in a rush, this whole salmon fillet will be just nice.
Have fun trying out my simple&quick recipe.